Unable to properly install the ssl cert from cloudfare

domain havanaclubnc.com
I have created an ssl cert downloaded the pem and key file and installed it on my linux server, updated the Apache virtual host file with the path to the ssl files but the site won’t work on 443.

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

Test Before You Post
Unsure of the issue? Test before posting using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center: Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

If you post your server’s IP address, we can quickly check.

The certificate you have there in place is neither an Origin certificate nor valid for your domain. You’ll need to fix that certificate.

1 Like

I created the pem and key file using cloudfare under that domain so I don’t understand what is going on.

Maybe you didn’t reload the configuration, maybe it’s the wrong file. Impossible to say :slight_smile: it’s just the wrong certificate.

I’d recommend to pause Cloudflare (Overview screen, bottom right) and check the server configuration and unpause it only once you get the proper Origin certificate.

so I have done that. I can see the page now but the cert are not working. I downloaded the pem file and the key file from cloudfare and installed them under Havana_com.pem Havana_com.key

Now proceed with

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.