Unable to install / uninstall the Cloudflare client application on Windows 11

Hi,

I encountered an issue while attempting to update my Cloudflare WARP client application due to a power cut. Subsequently, the new installation process failed, and I found myself unable to install the latest Cloudflare MSI package or uninstall the previous version from the control panel. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. Deleted all files from the %temp% and %AppData% directories.
  2. Searched through my entire storage drive and deleted any folders containing “cloudflare” or “Cloudflare.”
  3. Removed Cloudflare-related entries from the registry editor (though I can’t recall the exact location).
  4. Despite these efforts, attempting to install either the old or latest version of the Cloudflare app results in an error message stating:
  • “This feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.”
  • The installation progress bar remains stuck, indicating it’s “Removing applications.”
  • Clicking OK prompts a message stating the installation package cannot be found.
  • Canceling the process yields a message indicating the older version cannot be removed.

I’ve been stuck on this issue for over a month now, despite searching for solutions online. Could you please provide guidance on how to resolve this without resorting to a clean installation of Windows 11? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @sanchyanchakraborty,

It seems like your Windows installer was corrupted due to the power outage you faced. I would recommend you take a look at Microsoft’s Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter to try to resolve the issue with your installer that is causing WARP to not install.

CJ313