Unable to configure subdomain to tunnel

Reuse deleted subdomain
I am unable to configure a subdomain to a public hostname for a tunnel.
I have used that subdomain in the past, but this subdomain is no longer in use since I deleted it.
The error I get once I try to configure it is below.
Thanks for assisting!

Error: An A, AAAA, or CNAME record with that host already exists. 
For more details, refer to 
<https://developers.cloudflare.com/dns/manage-dns-records/troubleshooting/records-with-same-name/>.```

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation (example[dot]com) here so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some more feedback information about the issue? :thinking:

Just in case, may I ask if the tunnel existed since before and was deleted at the Zero Trust Dashboard, or not? :thinking:

Nevertheless, is the hostname (DNS record) for the particular sub-domain still exist, or rather doesn’t exist anymore and is deleted at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your zone? :thinking:

Have you tried to log out, clearing the Web browser cache and cookies, therefore log back in to the Cloudflare dashboard, or try to use a different Web browser?

Just in case, may I ask if the tunnel existed since before and was deleted at the Zero Trust Dashboard, or not?

Yes, it was deleted BUT I tried to create a new one with the same subdomain, which failed.

Nevertheless, is the hostname (DNS record) for the particular sub-domain still exist, or rather doesn’t exist anymore and is deleted at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your zone?

It exists. I use another subdomain… I want subdomain[dot]mydomain[dot]com but instead I use subdomain2[dot]mydomain[dot]com.
I try to go to public subdomains under my tunnel and save subdomain (without the “2”) and this is what fails with the mentioned error.

Have you tried to log out, clearing the Web browser cache and cookies, therefore log back in to the Cloudflare dashboard, or try to use a different Web browser?

I tried to edit this configuration from multiple computers, same error (but I don’t see how it is related)

Have you tried writing a ticket support about this via https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support? :thinking:

If so, could you please share your ticket number so I could escalate this.

I can only post to the community… where can I open a ticket?

Found the issue.
Every tunnel public host name that is created, an automatic dns record is created.
Then it is NOT deleted when the tunnel or the public host name is deleted, making me delete in manually.

1 Like