Unable to CNAME subdomain to another subdomain

Hello,

I have added a CNAME from subdomain.example to subdomain.example1 . The result I have is “Apache is functioning normally” when I open subdomain.example.com. I am unsure why it does not show the second domain, as when I check the dig command in terminal it appears to point correctly. Is there some kind of config I need to perform in subdomain.example1.com for it to display?

Thank you.

Hi @phil.savage,

Unless the server is configured to serve both hostnames, a CNAME record won’t just duplicate the site. You would need custom code to do that and it’s not built in to Cloudflare.

Would that be related to the virtual host? Perhaps this is no longer a Cloudflare subject, i’m still trying to fix it though. Thanks

Could be, it is probably not Cloudflare related, you can always pause Cloudflare, get it working without and then enable it again.

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.