Unable to change TTL value in the DNS

I have tried to change the A record but the values did not propagate despite 24 hours passing. When I tried to change the TTL, there’s no such option in the DNS. I tried deleting previous A records and creating new A record, it still did not work. I tried to delete the whole website and add a completely new website, it still did not work despite 24 hours passing.

Any suggestions as to how can I speed up the DNS changes propagation process?

Thanks.

Website?

btw, I tried following everything suggested on another forum post at;

But nothing seems to have worked so far.

What seems to be the issue?

This issue has been happening over the last week with two domains and since then, I have reversed back the changes to the old server out of frustration. All I wanted to do was to change the hosting company’s server IP’s and cloudflare DNS simply wasted too much of my time. Should I start doing the same process of signing up with another hosting provider, grabbing their IP address and try to add them in the CloudFlare DNS?

Is it returning an error?

The error it used to show was that the cloudflare servers can’t access my new IP hosted with another provider which I could easily access via IP by itself.

So you can access the website? But can’t change nameservers?

After making the changes to the A record, I can’t access the website. I can easily make changes to the nameservers at the domain registrar. But I already pointed it to CloudFlare, so I don’t think I need to make any more changes to my domain registrar since its already pointing to CloudFlare. Or should I do so? if so, what nameservers should I use other than provided by CloudFlare?

What’s the website?

I already answered that question. Let me copy/paste it for you again;

This issue has been happening over the last week with two domains and since then, I have reversed back the changes to the old server out of frustration. All I wanted to do was to change the hosting company’s server IP’s and cloudflare DNS simply wasted too much of my time. Should I start doing the same process of signing up with another hosting provider, grabbing their IP address and try to add them in the CloudFlare DNS?

If you are trying to change IP’s for DNS records you can simply edit the record you want than change the IP (some say IPv4 others IPv6) A list of cloudflare IP’s is available at IP Ranges | Cloudflare but the reason traffic may not be going through is that the IPv4 and/or IPv6 ranges are incorrect.

I will try to sign up again with another new hosting provider and request them to provide me with the IPV4 or IPV6 as suggested by you. Previously, I simply copied/pasted their IP address in the A record of the said domain’s DNS at CloudFlare which did not work.

Ok, let me know if it works!

Okay, I will. Thanks for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.