Unable to change DNS settings as my website is wrongly listed as being hosted by a Cloudflare parter

When I go to change settings for one of my websites on Cloudflare, I get a message saying “Partner hosted zone. Your DNS zone file is hosted by Smart Cloud Hosting UK LTD, a Cloudflare partner. Manage your DNS records at their website.”, this is no longer the case. For one thing Smart no longer exist as a company, they became Krystal and I have transferred my hosting elsewhere too.

I have contacted Krystal, who say they stopped being a Cloudflare partner too and cannot access the settings in Cloudflare to release me. I am in the middle of submitting a ticket to Cloudflare but the form seems to have gotten stuck on the diagnostics step. So, if any of you wonderful community have any suggestions, they would be most welcome.

Stuck meaning exactly? You can’t continue? In that case send an email to [email protected] from your account email address.

I am afraid only support can fix that as your domain is seemingly still flagged as partner-hosted and they will most likely have to manually remove that.

Once you have a ticket ID, post it here too, so @cloonan can track it.

2 Likes

Many thanks Sandro, Yes, I mean stuck as in I cannot continue, as the “Next” button is ghosted. So I will do as you suggest, thanks for the support email address. :slight_smile:

Yep, sending an email will be the best option in this case. Just make sure you reply if you get any of those “useful” automatic responses, as otherwise nobody might look at the ticket :slight_smile:

1 Like

" Hello Simon,

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support!

Your request (#2109268) has been submitted and a Technical Support Engineer will be contacting you soon. Priority is given to Enterprise, Business and Pro customers, in that order.

To add additional comments or details, reply to this email or go to: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/requests/2109268.

In the meantime you can also find answers to many questions in our Community forums. Join the conversation at: https://community.cloudflare.com/

We also recommend visiting the Cloudflare Help Center. There you will find answers to common questions, steps to issue resolution, and more! Check us out at:
https://support.cloudflare.com.

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to helping you.

Regards,

Cloudflare Support"

Assuming you are on the free plan you’ll most likely get a response beginning of next week. Just to manage expectations :slight_smile:. Should you get another automated response, make sure you reply, otherwise they might close it.

@cloonan

Roger that, wilco. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I’ve just replied to their new automated response with:-
"Hi there,

Thanks for the automated response, however, I still need the ticket to be routed to a Technical Support Engineer, as it needs someone to release the DNS settings from your ex-partner company, as they cannot access the DNS zone to release it themselves."

Keep pushing them :slight_smile:

Actually, I just realised my earlier comment did not make much sense, as you can’t have a plan to begin with as the domain is not on Cloudflare yet. And in the free context it always takes a while until you get a response (though no worries, even on Enterprise plans it can take some days).

3 Likes

Hi @s.elder!

You should be good to go.

Please get back to us on the ticket if you need any further assistance.

Yes indeed, thanks all, this is an awesome community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.