Unable to auto import DNS records to cloudflare

Hi All,
I’m currently trying to migrate to cloudflare for DNS instead of the DNS servers my domain registrar provides. My current registrar doesn’t seem to like this and has refused to help me by giving me information such as an export of my current DNS/zone file. This is where I was hoping cloudflares auto DNS import would come in to help. Sadly for some reason cloudflare show no record to auto import. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on here?
The domain is cyberwolf.tech for refference.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Keeping in mind that Cloudflare’s Auto Import is far from perfect and just scans for a list of known DNS Records, it’s probably not working because your DNSSEC is broken with your current host:

; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
; EDE: 9 (DNSKEY Missing): (no SEP matching the DS found for cyberwolf.tech.)

https://dnsviz.net/d/cyberwolf.tech/dnssec/

Looks like you might have set it up for Cloudflare and then reverted back your nameservers without unsetting it? Eitherway, you’d need to disable it at your Registrar or if your current ns supports dnssec, update your dnssec settings at your Registrar with their information.

If you can access your current DNS, in my opinion you’d be better off just manually copying/creating each record rather then hoping the automatic gets it right/carefully double checking them after.

2 Likes

Wow,
Yeah that definitely looks like it may have been one of the root causes of the issue. Thanks for the help there.
-Mark

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.