Unable to add records

Hi all,

I am testing out the Free version of Cloudflare. My nameservers have not been updated as my current provider has requested that all records are duplicated to Cloudflare before nameseervers are applied.

I am having difficulties with adding new records as requested by my current host and when trying to get support from Cloudflare I am unable to select my domain presumably because my nameservers are not active.

How do I get support from Cloudflare to assist a Free Cloudflare user with setting up my domain records?

T.I.A
Dale

From getting started, may I suggest following the instructions written on below tutorial:

Changing nameservers is necessary step to use Cloudflare services.

Furthermore, Cloudflare would recognize and catch mosty all (if not all actually) of the current available DNS records in the process of adding your domain to your Cloudflare account and display them therefore to re-check and edit per need. Later on, you can always alter them at the DNS tab of the Cloudflare dashboard for your domain.

If you could get them exported out in a BIND txt file format, you could easily import them into Cloudflare DNS tab.

May I ask do you get some error if so? Which one?

Below tutorial could help at least a bit:

Have you tried writing a ticket and contacting Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue?

Below tutorials could help to getting started:

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your reply and info.

I have managed to import my records successfully.

There is however an MX and a SRV record with a triangular warning stating the following:
“This record exposes the IP behind mail.domainname which you have proxied through Cloudflare.”

Is this something to be concerned about?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Dale

2 Likes

Not at all, but good to read below:

Due to e-mail functionality while using Cloudflare for your domain:

Fantastic!!!

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Kind regards,
Dale

2 Likes

I am happy to assist you :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.