Unable to add new website

When I am trying to add my new domain/website into my account via “Add Site” geting this error:

The zone name provided is subject to a hold which disallows the creation of this zone. Please contact the domain owner to have this hold removed.”

Hi there,

Which is the domain that you want to add?
As discussed on this community topic before:

That message normally indicates that a domain is part of an Enterprise agreement and has a proactive zone hold active to prevent unauthorized placement into other Cloudflare accounts. As the message indicates, you will need the domain owner to remove the hold.

I hope this information helps.

Hi Luis,

The domain is topmaxglobal.com. I have also confirmed from the previous user of the omain that they already removed the website from their cloudflare account. Still i am unable to add it into mine.

Hi Luis,

The domain is topmaxglobal.com. I have also confirmed from the previous user of the omain that they already removed the website from their cloudflare account. Still i am unable to add it into mine.

Without being able to provide many details about it, I can tell you that, as the error message that you are getting, indicates, the domain is still active under another Enterprise account.

Please ask the previous user to confirm, and if they are unsure about under which account the domain is, you can use https://dash.cloudflare.com/forgot-email to get an email to the address associated with the domain.

Thanks!

hi @Luis_McCloud ,
i have already confirmed with the previous owner(from whom i purchased this domain and transferred it to my godaddy account) that they have removed it from their CF account. I also asked them to try adding it back (just for the confirmation) they are also getting the zone hold message when adding it back to their CF account.

Now none of us (new or previous) owners have this domain into our cloudflare accounts, but still getting zone hold error message when try to add it.

Is there any way i can confirm the domain ownership(as i am the new owner now) and remove the zone lock and add it in my account?

hi @Luis_McCloud ,
i have already confirmed with the previous owner(from whom i purchased this domain and transferred it to my godaddy account) that they have removed it from their CF account. I also asked them to try adding it back (just for the confirmation) they are also getting the zone hold message when adding it back to their CF account.

Now none of us (new or previous) owners have this domain into our cloudflare accounts, but still getting zone hold error message when try to add it.

Is there any way i can confirm you the domain ownership(any possibility like giving cloudflare hosting domain screenshit as proof) and remove the zone lock and add it in my account?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.