Unable to add .ga domain, Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information

I seem to be unable to add a .ga domain to Cloudflare. I enter the domain and I get the error: “Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information” etc.
I’ve done nslookup and web queries with the tools people usually recommend here, all return the domain as being registered, Cloudflare however doesn’t seem to be able to recognize that.
What could be the issue?

That domain is registered under a TLD which is governed by the Freenom registry. Freenom currently experiences issues with their Whois service which prevents such domains from being added to Cloudflare. Freenom needs to fix that on their side. Unfortunately there is no ETA known for that.

It probably is best to register a proper domain instead. They already go for less than $10 a year.

I’m pretty sure DNS propagation has already reached Cloudflare regardless of Freenom’s whois service. All DNS servers around he world report the domain just fine. Why can’t I add the domain? I will have to point at Cloudflare name servers anyway so I don’t see the issue at hand.

I just checked the Whois service you linked and it returned correct information several times in a row.

Now Cloudflare tells me “This web property is temporarily restricted from being added to Cloudflare at this time.” while I feel the domain is alright…

In the meantime, Freenom’s whois…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.