Unable to add custom cloudflare registrar domains to Cloudflare Pages

Unable to add custom cloudflare registrar domains to Cloudflare Pages

TL;DR

1. Domains registered with Cloudflare Registrar
  2. 2 pages deployed with Cloudflare Pages.
  3. Try to add domains as custom domains in CF Pages.
  4. Get message “Before adding to your Pages project, you’ll need to transfer your DNS to Cloudflare. Begin DNS transfer”

I also have a registered .com domain with Cloudflare Registrar and using Cloudflare Pages as a sub-domain.

I cannot replicate this error at my end.
Moments ago I’ve tried with new CF Pages project and have successfully added as custom sub-domain test.mydomain.com under the Custom Domain tab of Pages project.
Working as expected, despite the message for verification of the DNS records.

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation (example[dot]com) here so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some more feedback information about the issue? :thinking:

May I ask if your domain was recently registered?

Have you tried using a different Web browser, log out and log back in again, clearing the cache and cookies? :thinking:

hi!

thanks for test and response

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation (example[dot]com ) here so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some more feedback information about the issue? :thinking:

dev-kengooroo-www[dot]pages[dot]dev - CF Pages project
kengooroo[dot]dev - domain

May I ask if your domain was recently registered?

domain registered about 1 week ago

Have you tried using a different Web browser, log out and log back in again, clearing the cache and cookies? :thinking:

I did. It didn’t make any difference.

Is the domain registration in the same Cloudflare account as the Cloudflare Pages site?

2 Likes

yes

but the domain was added but not activated in another account (there were plans to transfer the domain) and apparently that blocked the binding.

Removing the domain mention in the second account fixed my problem.

Thank you very much for the diagnosis and help in solving it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.