Unable to add CNAME for Autodiscover

Every time I try to add a CNAME record for Autodiscover as required by Intermedia email, I get the following Error:

An A, AAAA, or CNAME record with that host already exists. (Code: 81053)

The CNAME I am trying to add doesn’t exist, and if it does exist, it is not showing up in the DNS records and is not working.

How do I get this resolved?

Hello,

Could you provide the domain name, so that we can help you faster with your issue? :thinking:

Thanks!

boudlaw . com

No spaces obviously.

1 Like

Any ideas?

Interesting, using dig I cannot find any of them.

May I ask how is your domain setup or integrated with Cloudflare?
Did you used Cloudflare since before with some other 3rd-party service integrator or provider?

May I ask if you’re using autodiscover for the name or some other at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard while adding it? :thinking:

If there is some, you should see it on the list.

May I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Is it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?

I wonder if something is stuck “in the air”. I wonder if you could somehow list the DNS records for your zone via Cloudflare API:

1 Like

The client has been using Cloudflare for years and no changes have been made for a long time. I just need to add a CNAME record for autodiscover and get the error that it already exists. There are two CNAME records in place at Cloudflare but both are related to the website from what I can tell. Neither has anything to do with email. I tried listing them but am unable to post them here.

I’ll try the incognito browser.

Here’s is another error I just noticed when trying to add the cname again.

boudlaw (dotcom) is an alias of (the cname I am trying to add) and has its traffic proxied through Cloudflare.

You’re not leaving the ‘name’ field empty are you?

I can’t paste images for some reason but when you add the record within the DNS tab, it should be:

TYPE=CNAME
NAME=autodiscover
TARGET=blahblahblah.whatever.from.your.provider.com
PROXY=DNS only (grey cloud)
TTL=auto

that any help?

1 Like

Better call Saul!!!

That did the trick. I had been using @ instead of Autodiscover for the name.

You’re a lifesaver, thank you thank you thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.