Unable to activate my domain.com with another provider

Hi,

Unable to activate my domain.com with another providers using cPanel

Showing the below error in RED, when i am trying to activate my account using CNAME Setup

CloudFlare is already activated for “domain.com” under a different account. If you want to enable CloudFlare through this partner,

please log in to your CloudFlare account and choose “Disconnect” on your CloudFlare DNS Settings page.

Can someone please guide me on what needs to be done in such cases

Thanks

It sounds like you already used Cloudflare for your domain. Was this on your own, or was it through a different host? You can also open a ticket for additional support:

Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

Yes.

Now how do we reactivate with current host ?

Disable at the old host, then you can enable at the new host. Or contact Cloudflare Support.

Does not have access to previous server, we have contacted Cloudflare Support

1 Like

It’s taking much of time tickets are raised for last 3+ months now…

Clients are becoming impatient now…what should be done ?

Can you post the ticket #?

Request #1804365

Hi @TechSupportPrime, a large part of the delay seems to be receiving information from your clients and routing that to Support.

Couple of things, please keep the discussion in ticket 1804365, multiple tickets just slows the process for you and all customers.

Next, cloudflare support can only work with the account owners, the users may have best luck if they can change the name servers to a third party so that our system removes any previous instance of that domain, that may take a week or more but at that point the domains will be disassociated from the old account and the users can sign up as they like, directly with cloudflare or via a different partner.

1 Like

Hi @cloonan

Thank you for your response, yes the ticket was raised on December 18, 2019 15:01.

On January 29, 2020 13:02 we were able to finally post the details once we received it from our clients and this caused the delay…

However since then we didn’t receive any consolidate response from Cloudflare so we had urgency for one customer and another ticket was created for specifically that customer, which is still open.

These clients have forgotten their usernames and a few have migrated. All domains mentioned are under our Hosting Services and we can prove that if required.

We wanted to know a few things first which can help resolve this issue.

1> How they can trace back which email was used to create their account ?

2> If they don’t have access to those emails as they have migrated from their previous hosting provider, How can we create their new account from our cPanel accounts. (Their nameservers have already changed from the previous providers as they have migrated to us and all domains are hostes with us for more than six months now.

3> If a domain is using another servers DNS (nameservers) and client has set A record to the cpanel where their website is hosted with us how to provide them a txt record to activate CLOUDFLARE for their website ?

Please let me know if you want further information which I can update over ticket…

Best wishes

Budhaditya {redacted}

1 Like