Ultimaker 3 and Argo Tunnel

Hey folks,

do you think it would be possible / a good idea to use argo tunnel on my Ultimaker 3 3D printer to hook it up to the internet and be able to access webcam, etc from anywhere?
If so, has anyone brought this to work?

Best

Daniel

If your Ultimaker has a web interface, this should be doable. You’ll want to make sure you have authentication setup, because you’ll be exposing the interface to the world.

If you want to have some fun, you could also look at Cloudflare Access to help control/limit access. But it isn’t free (nor is Argo Tunnel though).

We (Cloudflare) use Access + Tunnel together in front of our staging environment. I’m biased, but highly suggest.

It has a web interface and one can enable dev mode, which starts ssh on the printer but also disables authentication - Sure, I would need some basic auth or so in front.
I might start Argo Tunnel on a Raspberry (if available) and forward traffic to the Ultimaker UI so I don´t have to mess with the Ultimaker internals and changes don´t get lost during firmware update or similar.

I do almost the same, though I have some remarks on the logout bar. Access is wonderful, especially since you don’t need to pay a dime if you are the only one using it.

What is your feedback on the logout bar?

cc @venkat

Well, I sent a report when I uninstalled it. But basically (if you need screenshots I can provide them):

• the bar has undefined styling, in part takes the page’s and in part not (I had to add the Add CSS App just to fix this)
  • it covers a big part of the page, especially on mobile (30%)
  • you can’t personalize it at all (if I could change the service’s HTML I would add the button the underlying service instead of dealing with the bar)

Thanks for the feedback. If you have the screenshots please send them over to [email protected]. You can also configure logout within your application without having to use the logout app.
Here’s the documentation: https://developers.cloudflare.com/access/setting-up-access/clearing-user-sessions/

Will do tomorrow as it’s late here! I figured you could do it, but as I said previously I can’t actually control the HTML/CSS of the page.

Sent you an email!