Typo in Support document or clarification please

dash-crypto

On page https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170416, in the Full SSL option section, it says:

To avoid 525 errors, before enabling Full SSL option, configure your origin web server to allow HTTPS connections on port 443 and …

I think it should be

To avoid 522 errors, before enabling Full SSL option, configure your origin web server to allow HTTPS connections on port 443 and …

We used to host our static site on AWS S3 and when we enabled Full SSL we got a 522 Error. From the support team we got the following response:

A [522 error]primarily happens when a TCP connection to the web server could not be established.

I see that you have set your SSL mode to “Full”, but docs.zenuml.com does not accept incoming connections on port 443

It is correct in saying that a 525 is received if there is not a certificate on the server. Which is the most common error when switching to Full.

A 522 error can also be received, so maybe this should be made more clear, but a 525 in this context is correct.

1 Like

Thanks for your clarification. I think it would be better, in the documentation, to be more clear when we could get 525 and when to get 522.

1 Like
closed #4

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.