TXT Records DNS Validation Error Code 1004

Hi
I am trying to transfer my email from Gsuite to GoDaddy.
GoDaddy has given me TXT Records to add, but I keep getting the above Error Code.
Because I am a ‘free client’, my NUMEROUS asks for help have been ignored.
I desperately need to start my business, which relies on this email.
Would someone PLEASE help me out. I am beyond frustrated with this service and I just need to sort this out!
Please help me.

If you post a ticket # for one of your requests, a mod will probably see what’s holding up the response.

Can you also post screenshots of what Google wants you to enter, and a screenshot of what you’re trying to enter?

Hi

I’m trying to move my email address from Gsuite to GoDaddy. To verify my domain name i need to add the TXT Records. But I keep getting the same code.

I’ll add the shots.

And you’ve tried putting that TXT value into the Content box?

Hi

Yes, exactly as in your pic, but that’s when I get the validation error code.

Contact Support. Maybe they can see why it’s giving that error.

Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

hi

I have. So many times. But, because I have the free option, my ticket is low priority.
I have sent another one this evening again, so i will see if a person replies to me.
I can’t explain how frustrated I am with all of this.

You still haven’t posted a Ticket #. Maybe @cloonan can find your ticket based on the domain name.

1 Like

Sorry, what is a ticket # and where do I put it?

Hi @kellydeli, I see your tickets and will keep an eye on progress. I, or the agent, will probably merge your tickets as two I looked at seem to relate the the error you’re getting when adding the text record.

Note that the engineers cannot create the record on your behalf, they can only give you the steps to take to add the records yourself.

I was able to add the records to my account without issue. If you’re still unable to add them, can you visit this domain and share the results here, https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/?

1 Like

Hi

THank you so much!!! It worked!. I am so happy.

Can you also tell me what this means and what I need to do about it?

1 Like

sorry, this

A few more steps are required to complete your setup.Hide

Make sure all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records are also proxied to avoid exposing your origin IP.

Typically, if you have multiple services running on the same server, some of them can not go through Cloudflare. So they will have DNS records that show the IP address of your web server. Some people wish to keep these secret so nobody can directly attack your web server with its IP address.

Can you post a screenshot of your DNS page? be sure to black out any IP addresses so they stay private.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.