TXT records (DKim) not showing up after updates when I check on DNS checking sites

I am trying to resolve email bounces to some of my clients.
When I check on DNS checking sites TXT records (DKim) not showing up after I made updates here on Cloudflare a few hours ago. They show up in my DNS here but no other sites see the DKIM or DMARC records. SPF record does show. Domain is westcottpress.com

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Are you making the right queries?

I see your DMARC just fine.

% dig txt _dmarc.westcottpress.com +short
"v=DMARC1; p=reject; fo=1; rua=mailto:[email protected]"

I can’t check your DKIM without knowing the selector, but you would perform a similar query to the one used for the DMARC.

% dig txt selector_domainkey.westcottpress.com +short

selector is: 20240412-uhlqd399

You have placed that TXT record in the wrong location. It needs to be named 20240412-uhlqd399._domainkey in your Cloudflare dashboard DNS.

% dig txt 20240412-uhlqd399.westcottpress.com +short
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDiBZf0faKtw6vV/RB2139VnN3Dnb2M0EEaIqP1WFxqFtIUMO1hJHY12Or+GBOVg0NTCnq+SuliTsc4UdebtITvNQ6zVN9oRFA10lrdbYhRE1BriiZj1JWOAUNjFXLQygobBTRUCFLQBCdKpSQMbh60lmCQr6ufdrvsHfPf+iq8GQIDAQAB"

In addition to fixing the record name, you may want to see if your email provider can generate a stronger key for you. 1024 bit keys like yours are no longer recommended. 2048 bit keys are preferred. Cloudflare supports the larger keys without complication.

1 Like

Thanks Epic.network.
I made the change and one 3rd party search now shows it. Hopefully other servers will update soon.

1 Like

It is now available directly from your authoritative servers.

% dig txt 20240412-uhlqd399._domainkey.westcottpress.com +short
"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDiBZf0faKtw6vV/RB2139VnN3Dnb2M0EEaIqP1WFxqFtIUMO1hJHY12Or+GBOVg0NTCnq+SuliTsc4UdebtITvNQ6zVN9oRFA10lrdbYhRE1BriiZj1JWOAUNjFXLQygobBTRUCFLQBCdKpSQMbh60lmCQr6ufdrvsHfPf+iq8GQIDAQAB"

Thanks again epic.network! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.