TXT records added but they are not showing in public DNS or verifiable by Godaddy

Hi, I’ve added 4 TXT records to my Cloudflare DNS but none of these records is getting published. Thus not showing in public DNS checkers

These are also not getting verified by Godaddy where I am trying to verify my domain for Firewall setup. Godaddy is the original registrar and I am using Cloudflare’s primary DNS for performance and CDN, etc.

Please check the attached screenshot.

Please guide.

Thanks.

You need to just enter the subdomain without the domain name teslaoracle.com part, so…

_acme-challenge
_acme-challenge.www
…etc

At the moment what you have means you have created these records…

dig +short _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com.teslaoracle.com txt
"VUcScmIXXH_QmogyDJMCw2pJA1MiSFDstkQSmlS2QJU"
dig +short _acme-challenge.www.teslaoracle.com.teslaoracle.com txt
"NkWASICOPIJZfbp4EfWKxKLc1qunSqFOjQN55sAOyOM"

I tried this as well. The main issue is the record gets created but does not show in public records and/or is able to be verified by Godaddy for domain ownership.

The records won’t show if you query teslaoracle.com (DNS can’t look up subdomain below, you must specifcally ask for them).

Enter _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com (after you have set the records back as I said) into the tester, then you will see it.

I made the change you recommended. The records are still not verifiable and not showing.

May take some time to propagate depending on the TTL, is showing on public resolvers…

dig +short _acme-challenge.www.teslaoracle.com txt @1.1.1.1
dig +short _acme-challenge.www.teslaoracle.com txt @8.8.8.8
dig +short _acme-challenge.www.teslaoracle.com txt @9.9.9.9

How do you check this, what’s the method/code?

dig command on Mac or Linux. nslookup on Windows.

2 Likes

If I use the main domain with @, the txt records instantly start showing publicly. With these subdomains _cf, _acme-challenge, they don’t.

Yes, as I said, you can’t query teslaoracle.com and get results for subdomains. You have to query the subdomain directly as I have shown you.

If you want to see the value for _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com you have to query _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com, not teslaoracle.com.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s showing but Godaddy can’t verify still, not sure why.

It’s saying, “Domain verification DNS records not found!”

Thanks, I learned something today.

All are working…

dig +short _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com txt
dig +short _acme-challenge.www.teslaoracle.com txt
dig +short _cf-custom-hostname.teslaoracle.com txt
"7627c8b0-0226-4ed5-b518-1769fad8ed16"
dig +short _cf-custom-hostname.www.teslaoracle.com txt
"454cc176-8dc1-416a-9a0c-2b91c65bac71"
2 Likes

Yep,

Windows Terminal command looks like this:

nslookup -q=txt _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com 8.8.8.8

1 Like

Did someone encounter this issue before? Godaddy isn’t able to verify the TXT records after 48+ hours.

DNS is still propagating and Godaddy can’t help with this according to their last reply.

All are still working. You will need to double check you have the contents set correctly. Can you show a screenshot of what Godaddy is asking you to set?

dig +short _acme-challenge.teslaoracle.com txt
dig +short _acme-challenge.www.teslaoracle.com txt
dig +short _cf-custom-hostname.teslaoracle.com txt
"7627c8b0-0226-4ed5-b518-1769fad8ed16"
dig +short _cf-custom-hostname.www.teslaoracle.com txt
"454cc176-8dc1-416a-9a0c-2b91c65bac71"

These are the values Godaddy is asking to input as TXT. Thanks for the help @sjr

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.