TXT record not updating via API, but showing up on dahsboard

I am using Traefik in my homelab, trying to renew a certificate from Letsencrypt, using Cloudflare DNS verification, but I am getting an error message; After some investigation, I saw that the TXT records are created and visable in the dashboard, but if I query them with dig they don’t show up;
After about five minutes I get this error message:

$ docker compose up --force-recreate
[+] Running 1/1
 ⠿ Container traefik  Recreated                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            0.1s
Attaching to traefik
traefik  | time="2022-05-08T09:26:43Z" level=info msg="Configuration loaded from file: /traefik.yml"
traefik  | time="2022-05-08T09:30:56Z" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"redactedmydomain.com,*.redactedmydomain.com\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [redactedmydomain.com *.redactedmydomain.com]: error: one or more domains had a problem:\n[*.redactedmydomain.com] time limit exceeded: last error: NS firstserver.ns.cloudflare.com. returned NXDOMAIN for _acme-challenge.redactedmydomain.com.\n[redactedmydomain.com] time limit exceeded: last error: NS secondserver.ns.cloudflare.com. returned NXDOMAIN for _acme-challenge.redactedmydomain.com.\n" providerName=cloudflare.acme

Could this still be related to the issue from May 6th about creating records? Maybe it is not yet fully resolved?

Can you share your docker compose and traefik config? From the errors there it looks like the config isn’t being loaded, and it can’t find a domain which is the NXDOMAIN domain we see

The same config was working for about six months with no issues; Now it just out of nowhere worked again, no changes;
I could see the records being created on the Cloudflare dashboard which looks to me like it did pick up the right domains, and also it is now working with no changes (I went for a walk before I tried again)
So, I guess the problem indeed was not on my side.

This makes me think there was some DNS caching somewhere. If your process checks for the TXT record before you can create it at Cloudflare, it may get a NXDOMAIN, then something along the way caches it.

Next time that happens, give DNSchecker.org a try to see if that TXT record is propagating.