TXT Record DKIM domainkey

Ok, I’ve waited my 48 hours. My text record is still not showing up!

Name:
default._domainkey

Content:

v=DKIM1;h=sha256;k=rsa;p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsGktQd5oOOoQ92evBaIu5zkwsw5ls3FtF33leN52H1VXBD8SGrys9kvb3RuaA3T6FDE62FyYXtKc7RA/8lnnR6gHTReCHtVlmqWZqz2Rfjo0fm59I6Zsqcuh23bhaLnqtiesPfvGbKkFlop+igdthTnienVyBmgzujj1Px06+EKlsoYVKfJBLjg4n0gZdjkZxMSO1yLtODPew+yfC37Ceuo8UzQRPfT90tCFPgnWv7SoMAm0Z6CFBangd4cuB/mkLjV+n8Og5Nhwgofs2XYYTtwnhvI6HvD7bjR3b85YpuhIG2TjIMRfNXXL8g9sf4nSK2zlVlgpv14SXudpW9xlEQIDAQAB

I’ve been running “dig” on my website to check for the txt records and it never shows up. Just as a test I created a temporary txt record using “@” and “abc123” as a test, and it shows up almost immediately! Definitely not 48 hours. I can also enter the above DKIM key using “@” and it shows up. Does Cloudflare not like “default._domainkey”???

If I see good, is there a missing ; at the end?

May I ask what is your domain and what tools have you used to test it regarding the “dig”?

Also, if you currently have a TXT default._domainkey record added to your domain?

… For some reason, TXT records for DKIM are not available through regular DNS propagation tools. You will be able to check them using a special DKIM checker …

Kindly, try with this tools:

My domain is https://huskydevelopment.com
I will add the semicolon immediately!
Yes the key is currently in my txt records.

Could be I am wrong about the semicolon thing - which if you would have more parameters after, then it would matter I think.

Valid from now on:

Also, if already not having, do not forget to add a TXT record for SPF for more benefits, and if possible setup the TXT for DMARC too. I recommend that :wink:

Yes, thanks for that website. It appears to be working properly according to it. However, why can’t I see my DKIM TXT record from a dig command, or from other online TXT Record lookup tools?

Even I am not 100% sure :smiley:

First run an was error, then on third-fourth it showed up using online tools aswell.

Running this command when you added a TXT record for your DKIM dig default._domainkey.huskydevelopment.com txt would give the output of:

; <<>> DiG 9.11.5-P4-5.1+deb10u3-Debian <<>> default._domainkey.huskydevelopment.com txt
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 10941
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;default._domainkey.huskydevelopment.com. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
default._domainkey.huskydevelopment.com. 300 IN TXT "v=DKIM1;h=sha256;k=rsa;p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsGktQd5oOOoQ92evBaIu5zkwsw5ls3FtF33leN52H1VXBD8SGrys9kvb3RuaA3T6FDE62FyYXtKc7RA/8lnnR6gHTReCHtVlmqWZqz2Rfjo0fm59I6Zsqcuh23bhaLnqtiesPfvGbKkFlop+igdthTnienVyBmgzujj1Px06+EKlsoYVKfJBLjg4n0" "gZdjkZxMSO1yLtODPew+yfC37Ceuo8UzQRPfT90tCFPgnWv7SoMAm0Z6CFBangd4cuB/mkLjV+n8Og5Nhwgofs2XYYTtwnhvI6HvD7bjR3b85YpuhIG2TjIMRfNXXL8g9sf4nSK2zlVlgpv14SXudpW9xlEQIDAQAB;"

;; Query time: 32 msec
;; SERVER: 1.1.1.1#53(1.1.1.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr 09 00:04:39 CEST 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 500

Thank you! Didn’t realize you had to specify more then just the domain name to locate the record. I’ll mark your answer as the solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am happy to assist you :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.