TXT not showing as an Option in Zone Editor

Title. Unable to add a TXT record for Google in Zone Editor as TXT is not a choice. How do I turn this on as an option?

Can you post a screenshot?

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-01-29 094825

That has nothing to do with DNS is not related to Cloudflare either. What exactly do you want to achieve?

yeah, my goal is in the Title Unable to add a TXT record for Google in Zone Editor as TXT is not a choice. How do I turn this on as an option?

This is not a Cloudflare screen, you will need to clarify this with the service provider in question.

However, that domain is configured for Cloudflare, so any DNS changes need to be performed on Cloudflare.

yes, this is a cloudflare screen called cPanel, more specifically the Zone Editor page within Tools

As mentioned, any DNS entries need to be configured at https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/onepointpartitions.com/dns/records

this URL was not mentioned before.

That URL is all over the documentation.

im not looking at the documentation. lets let another Tech chime in, im not sure you are understanding

I doubt that you read the documentation nor that you know what you are referring to.

Actually, you did not even explain the issue but posted an unrelated screenshot. Once more, DNS changes for Cloudflare domains have to be configured on Cloudflare. I already provided the URL.

you are right, i did not read the documentation and never claimed to, im finding your responses to be somewhat combative. I reposted a screenshot clearly showing the Zone Editor after your response stating that the screenshot was not related to cloudflare :slight_smile: I expected you to see that but you did not.

Aside from this, the instructions ask for a sentence describing the issue.

“nor that you know what you are referring to” THIS is extremely unprofessional. Please do not respond to any more of my tickets or responses.

Well, not reading documentation rarely is a good idea. Cloudflare has an extremely comprehensive documentation and there is no point in asking something here and taking valuable time when things are in the documentation anyhow.

Your screenshot was not DNS related at all - TXT not showing as an Option in Zone Editor - #8 by sandro

This is not a ticket but a forum and your question was already answered a while ago → TXT not showing as an Option in Zone Editor - #12 by sandro

1 Like

Unable to add TXT record to Zone Editor

Please don’t open more than one thread on the same subject. It was already addressed where and how you have to configure DNS entries. What’s unclear about that?

This is not a Cloudflare screenshot and you would need to clarify any question with the service provider.

as mentioned previously, i posted the wrong shot

Fair enough, but as mentioned the other screenshots still are not a Cloudflare screenshots and you have the URL where to configure DNS. So what is unclear about that?

so you were just going to silence me… not a professional response at all, especially in the tech field.

and yes, they are cloudflare screenshots. look at the urls