Two accounts for the same domain name

I’ve been using Cloudflare for a while for my website and now I’ve changed my hosting provider. It turned out they work with Cloudflare and automatically include a Cloudflare account with the web hosting package.

I don’t have a direct access to this new account and I can’t turn it off either, can only manage DNS settings from inside the provider’s control panel (which i guess are linked to this new account).

As a result, I can’t access my website at all now, I get a 404.html page and it’s coming neither from the new provider nor from the old one, which is confusing.

So I’m trying to understand how Cloudflare resolves this situation when two accounts manage the same domain name?

I changed IP addresses in DNS settings section on my Cloudflare account to the new provider’s, do I need to do anything else?

Since I used Cloudflare before, my registrar’s name servers are already pointing to it, still my new provider tells me I need to wait for some propagation to happen. Am I missing something or do they not understand what is going on?

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.