Turnstile failure logging into Cloudflare dashboard with Safari

What is the name of the domain?

What is the error number?

None provided

What is the error message?

Failure! Having trouble?

What is the issue you’re encountering

I am unable to log into the Cloudflare dashboard with Safari (desktop) due to a continual failure of Turnstile.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. Disable all content blocking and privacy protection.
  2. Delete all cookies and local storage.
  3. Quit and relaunch Safari.
  4. Use a different browser. (Firefox works, which is how I finally managed to log in to post this.)

What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

1. Navigate to dash.cloudflare.com/login with Safari (User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/17.5 Safari/605.1.15)
  2. Click “Verify you are human.”
  3. Turnstile will spend time verifying, and then it will briefly flash “Failure!” with a “Having trouble?” link, and then transition back to the “Verify you are human” checkbox. I have only been successful in clicking that “Having trouble?” link once, a few days ago. Now it has no effect, and the problem still persists.

I found the following Ray IDs (I presume) in the “cf-ray” header of responses from challenges.cloudflare.com:

8a08e8fc493f4cf4-BOS
8a0905976c458fb8-BOS (after steps 2 and 3 above)

Thanks for the report.

I believe this was resolved with the above incident. Can you confirm if you’re still experiencing any issues?

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out. Sadly, this issue started before July 8th and continues past that incident’s resolution. It seems to be limited to Safari.