Tunnel running as service on Windows 2019 causing high CPU on IIS Worker Process

Hello! I am running a Windows 2019 server and have created a tunnel and running it as a service. I followed this article to set it up.

(I had to put the space in the address. New users cant post more than 4 links)

htt ps://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-apps/run-tunnel/run-as-service

cert.pem, tunnel.json and config.yml are all located in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile.cloudflared

config.yml contents
url: htt p://localhost:80
tunnel: Tunnel ID
credentials-file: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile.cloudflared\Tunnel ID.json
logfile: c:\cloudflared\cloudflared.log

With cloudflared service stopped CPU for IIS Worker Process is low
If I recycle the app pool or perform an iisreset, CPU jumps to 100% within a minute and is sustained for 30-45 minutes and sometimes longer.

I see this repeating in the cloudflare logs during this period,

{“level”:“error”,“error”:“Unable to reach the origin service. The service may be down or it may not be responding to traffic from cloudflared: context canceled”,“cfRay”:“6ad10501964e66cb-DFW”,“originService”:“htt p://localhost:80”,“time”:“2021-11-12T16:09:48Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“error”:“Unable to reach the origin service. The service may be down or it may not be responding to traffic from cloudflared: context canceled”,“cfRay”:“6ad1050dd25a70e2-SJC”,“originService”:“htt p://localhost:80”,“time”:“2021-11-12T16:09:51Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“error”:“Unable to reach the origin service. The service may be down or it may not be responding to traffic from cloudflared: context canceled”,“cfRay”:“6ad10520d1dc0f46-DFW”,“originService”:“htt p://localhost:80”,“time”:“2021-11-12T16:09:53Z”}
{“level”:“error”,“error”:“Unable to reach the origin service. The service may be down or it may not be responding to traffic from cloudflared: context canceled”,“cfRay”:“6ad1052d16107094-SJC”,“originService”:“htt p://localhost:80”,“time”:“2021-11-12T16:09:56Z”}

Eventually CPU drops back down to normal levels and the “Unable to reach the origin service” errors in the cloudflared logs stop and traffic returns to normal.

If the cloudflared service is stopped and I recycle app pool or do an iisreset, CPU does not spike and the site comes up quickly.

Thanks for any help you can provide!