TTFB very slow with images even with cf-cache-status: HIT

Hi,
my clients website “backroadclub.com” runs on Cloudflare.
“Sometimes” (couldn’t find a pattern yet) images take a very long time to load, up to 10 seconds.
I’m not sure where to search for the problem, I thought it’s when the cache is missed but apparently it also happens when it’s HIT.

Do you have any ideas what could be the cause of this or how to debug the issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Is “Tiered Cache” activated?

No it isn’t, should I?

It could help in some scenarions, in others (depending on your setup) it can slightly decrease performance for getting a higher Cache-Hit ratio.
Keep it off for now.

It something like this happens we need more info to reproduce it. Best would be you open a support ticket and provide them with a full HAR file, which was captured when it happened.

Since you have been served from istanbul, may I ask where you are localed approximately? Far away from Istanbul, close to Istanbul?

I’m about 80km from Istanbul right now, but it doesn’t seem to be related to the location, since my client (and me) is from Austria. (Server is located in Germany)
We’ve both also observed this issue in Austria.

Thanks for the help though, do you have any ideas left or should I better try with support?

Yes, I think that would make sense, since I can’t reproduce it, nor do I see any issue atm. They should be able to monitor this.

Feel free to post your ticket id here.

Support Ticket: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/requests/2359786

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.