TTFB Decreases A LOT With Repeated Page Views But Is Very Slow Normally. Why?

Hi, I’ve noticed that if i repeatedly view a page by doing the following: open Chrome inprivate mode, paste url, close inprivate, reopen inprivate and paste url again, my TTFB is around 40ms and the page loads noticeably quickly. It snaps open.

But if i wait a minute and access that url again, TTFB increases to anywhere from 500-800ms and there is a noticeable hang before the page opens.

So my question is why does repeatedly viewing a page using the method i describe result in a low TTFB and quick page load, but waiting a minute between page view significantly increase TTFB and decrease page load speed?

I am using cache everything page rule and have my html cached at CF and it’s showing HIT all the time. So this is coming directly from CF. I also have a pagerule for origin cache control : on and for the particular file type (html) have the following in my htaccess

<filesMatch "\.(html|htm)$">
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000, no-transform, must-revalidate"
</filesMatch>

I am also using Argo in the hope of resolving this issue but it has made no difference.

I have attached some screenshots showing what I’m experiencing.

Could someone please shed some light on this as i can’t seem to figure out what’s going on and my host doesn’t seem to know either.

test url if required

Thanks!

First picture. A cache HIT from CF. TTFB - 784ms

Second picture. A cache HIT from CF after repeated page views. TTFB - 39ms

Can someone please help me with this? I’m still experiencing the same issue. Thank you

Anyone?

I should note this is not an issue of browser cache as i am closing my browser window between tests.