Trying to use Googe search console/search conbsole insights

I am NOT techie at all. just a mom & pop operator with a website and I would like to use Google search console’s insights to get a better idea of how my website is performing. the instructions say I have to verify ownership to this property, but when I type in my website domain name, it says checking verification, and then a screen that has me push a button “start verification”, and then it takes me to Cloudflare and then
it says YOU ARE NOT AUtHORIZED TO MAKE CHANGES TO domain name . C O M

so now what? all I want to do is use google console insights. any suggestions?

you can email me at sailselina @ aol . com -( im not sure i would know how to get back here to see any responses.)

It sounds like while this domain is on Cloudflare, it is not in your Cloudflare account which is why you are not able to make changes.

You can try using our forgot email portal here https://dash.cloudflare.com/forgot-email
(you need to be logged out of other Cloudflare accounts to see the portal so you may want to open this in a new browser or incognito window)

If you had a web developer help you with the domain, reach out to them as well in case they added the domain to their account.

Worst case you can move the domain into your account Move a domain between Cloudflare accounts · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs