Trying to transfer .co.uk domains

Hi.
Im currently moving all my sites over to Cloudflare so that I can renew my domains cheaper. When I go to transfer the domains it says (against all my .co.uk’s) “unsupported”. Is there any indication as to when this may be supported?
Thanks

They are trying to add to the list of supported TLDs as much as possible, however due to contracts and issues that may arise, cannot confirm a time frame for when a TLD will be supported.

2 Likes

I would add that country specific TLDs are harder than most others.

1 Like

Yes… Not saying that I wouldn’t like .uk and .co.uk to be supported though given that is what most of my domains are @SamRhea :smile:

1 Like

I too have been trying to transfer my .co.uk domain. The funny thing is, I’ve worked for companies who has .co.uk domains and Cloudflare was the registrar hosting the DNS…

.co.uk domains are not currently supported in Cloudflare Registrar, however Cloudflare can provide the DNS and protection for a .co.uk domain, as it can with any other domain, without being the registrar.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

They’re probably being roadblocked by Nominet for potentially destabalising the domain market… :joy:

Cloudflare is already a registrar with Nominet https://registrars.nominet.uk/namespace/uk/registration-and-domain-management/new-registrars/list-of-registrars

So if they are a registrar with Nominet why dont they suport .co.uk domains?

Because maybe supporting a gTLD isn’t as easy as one of the new TLDs since there are location constraints for who can buy one. Also being accredited as Registrars is the first step to a multi-step process which includes contracts and API integrations which may not be instantaneous (and most likely isn’t).

Fingers crossed they do soon - I’ve transferred almost all of my domains across to Cloudflaire now.

Until they’re nicely in one place - I feel incomplete. :slight_smile:

1 Like