Trying to set 1.1.1.1 on DNS in router but won't save. Help please!

hopefully someone can help me:

i tried changing the dns server of my router to the 1.1.1.1 (after seeing a video about it. LTT on YT)
so i entered the settings were it said the first dns setting:

DNS Server: (setting was changed from isp dns to user definied before changing numbers)
first dns… < here i put 1.1.1.1
second dns… < there i put the 1.0.0.1
third i selected “none”

after i scrolled and saw ipv6 dns settings which where blank. I have dual stack enabled and my isp supports ipv6 so dont know why it was blank.
so i changed the setting of “let isp define dns” to “user defined dns” for the first and second, third i selected none.

after all that i clicked apply and then closed everything and relaunch my browser only to see that it reverted to the default settings when i relogged in my router, like it never saved.
when i clicked apply the router page shut down and went back to the loading screen like it does when i change things in it and save so i don’t get what i did wrong.

help will be appreciated.

i also attached 2 screenshots of the settings page i have for my router. Couldn’t take just 1 screenshot of the entire page for some reason so it split in 2 but it is all on the same page.

P.S: tried posting and said i could only upload 1 image since im new. so i combined screenshots into one image.

That may be the firmware preventing custom DNS servers, have you tried with Google’s 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.