trying to be a mirror of a website

Hello,
A few hours ago, I bought a domain. I want to set this domain as a mirror of another website, so I changed my domain nameservers to cloudflare and added the dns record of the website I want to be a mirror of. From my computer, the website/mirror is working without a problem, but from one of my friend’s computer, the website/mirror is not working (This site can’t be reached). Why?

I heard when you change your domain nameservers to cloudflare and add the dns record of the website that you want to be a mirror of, you need to wait 24 hours, and then everyone can see your website/mirror. is that right?

That is not correct. That sounds like Domain Masking, which is not a Cloudflare feature.

So the website/mirror should work for everyone 30 minutes after changing your domain nameservers to cloudflare and adding the dns record of the website that you want to be a mirror of?

Nope. You can’t just point to a DNS address and make someone else’s website show up as yours. Nor should you. If any website does show up, it’s because the server is not properly configured.

1 Like

I did not do this without permission from the owner of the website. We are partners, and he knows about this. in fact, he guided me till now, and the reason I am asking these questions here is: I do not want to ask too many questions from him and annoy him.

The key part is having a server that’s properly configured. If it’s properly configured, then it will respond to requests for the host name in the URL. In your friend’s case, they would have to configure the server to respond for their domain name (which it already does) and yours as well (which it shouldn’t…yet).

1 Like

May I just ask is it maybe the thing about domain forwarding option (available at some registrars)?