Trust Levels and Permissions

Can I suggest that users be prevented from writing new topics before they’re told they can’t post?

A user will write out their post, only to be frustrated by a no permission message. In turn, this results in people like me not using the forum because of the poor setup.

Thanks

2 Likes

I’ll see if there are options to support that.

Maybe you can try out going for a period with newuser first day topics set to 1, instead of the default 5, and min trust to create topic back at the default 0?

3 Likes

Hello Ryan,

• Where do i post questions then if i cant find the answer?

• I am getting “Cloud fare shows 504 timeout page if 30 sec execution limit exceed” - if we turn of “always online” it seems better/faster. But not sure,…

• Will search forum for answers…

Best regards,
Johan

1 Like

You have reached trust level 1, so you should be able to create your own topics now.

1 Like

I experienced this just now… Spent a good 30 minutes writing a post only to find out that I can’t post it!!! :rage:

Sorry about that. I have raised this change request to the Discourse team and it sounds like it’s coming. Not sure when. I’ll continue to tweak the permissions.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan!

A post was split to a new topic: Problemas Atualizando DNS

Interesting approch for antispam :wink:

2 Likes

SO what if i have isee and i am here to check for answer no post satisfied or fixed the issue and i am here to get help by posting and i am not allowed to do that because i am new user and i am not trusted yet

If someone looks around first to see if their question has already been answered that would be enough to move to level 1.

1 Like

Hello everyone. New to the community and thankful for any help I can get in this stage of my life haha.
I understand about the sandboxing… I have to do that to my new taxi drivers all the time. Can’t have them pissing on really great customers so they get stuck with scraps until they prove themselves.

2 Likes

excuse me, I’m trying to contact the Cloudflare support center and there is no email. also i couldn’t figure out how to start a new discussion.

Once you have spent a small amount of time clicking through different topics you should be able to post a new one. I just checked and you should be ok now.

You can also always login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How do I contact a site that’s behind Cloudflare?

A post was split to a new topic: MX Changes taking several days

A post was split to a new topic: Using SSL with Cloudflare

A post was split to a new topic: Cloudflare and Wapka