Trust Levels and Permissions

I spent an hour reading other support resources to try to find a solution before coming to the community. Can that count?

That would be great, but we don’t have that yet. However, we are constantly reviewing and evaluating how strict our permissions should be. If it turns out that we don’t need them as strict as Discourse default recommendations (since every community IS different) we will be happy to tweak them.

split this topic #7

A post was split to a new topic: Can I combine two accounts?

Can I suggest that users be prevented from writing new topics before they’re told they can’t post?

A user will write out their post, only to be frustrated by a no permission message. In turn, this results in people like me not using the forum because of the poor setup.

Thanks

I’ll see if there are options to support that.

Maybe you can try out going for a period with newuser first day topics set to 1, instead of the default 5, and min trust to create topic back at the default 0?

Hello Ryan,

• Where do i post questions then if i cant find the answer?

• I am getting “Cloud fare shows 504 timeout page if 30 sec execution limit exceed” - if we turn of “always online” it seems better/faster. But not sure,…

• Will search forum for answers…

Best regards,
Johan

You have reached trust level 1, so you should be able to create your own topics now.

I experienced this just now… Spent a good 30 minutes writing a post only to find out that I can’t post it!!! :rage:

Sorry about that. I have raised this change request to the Discourse team and it sounds like it’s coming. Not sure when. I’ll continue to tweak the permissions.

Thanks Ryan!

split this topic #18

A post was split to a new topic: Problemas Atualizando DNS

Interesting approch for antispam :wink:

SO what if i have isee and i am here to check for answer no post satisfied or fixed the issue and i am here to get help by posting and i am not allowed to do that because i am new user and i am not trusted yet

If someone looks around first to see if their question has already been answered that would be enough to move to level 1.

Hello everyone. New to the community and thankful for any help I can get in this stage of my life haha.
I understand about the sandboxing… I have to do that to my new taxi drivers all the time. Can’t have them pissing on really great customers so they get stuck with scraps until they prove themselves.

Improved Email Protection

excuse me, I’m trying to contact the cloudflare support center and there is no email. also i couldn’t figure out how to start a new discussion.

Once you have spent a small amount of time clicking through different topics you should be able to post a new one. I just checked and you should be ok now.

You can also always login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support

split this topic #26

A post was split to a new topic: How do I contact a site that’s behind Cloudflare?

split this topic #27

A post was split to a new topic: MX Changes taking several days

Welcome! Say hello!