Troubleshooting Cold Start Delays with Cloudflare Workers Paid Plan

Hello Cloudflare Community,

I’m reaching out to share an experience I’ve been having with Cloudflare Workers, particularly around cold start times, and to seek advice or solutions from the community.

Despite being on the Workers Paid Plan, where I expected minimal cold start delays, I’ve consistently encountered cold starts up to 250ms for the first query on my workers. Subsequent queries are much faster, around 60ms, which is within my acceptable range, but the initial delay is a significant concern for me.

I’ve deployed a basic “Hello World” Cloudflare worker coded in Rust and compiled to WebAssembly (wasm). I’m experiencing an 821ms delay on initial requests.

I’ve done my due diligence in optimizing my worker scripts and ensuring my configurations are as efficient as possible, but the issue persists.

I am hoping to gather insights from this knowledgeable community:

1. Has anyone else experienced similar cold start times, and how did you address them?
  2. Are there any specific optimizations or configurations within the Cloudflare Workers environment that could help mitigate this issue?

Any feedback, insights, or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I’m keen to resolve this issue and continue enjoying the benefits of Cloudflare Workers for my applications.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support.

Best,
Bosco