Trouble Shooting SRV DNS and SSL Certificate

Hi community, hope someone can help. I am NOT tech savvy at all and it has taken all of my brain power to try and add a custom domain and email registered with GoDaddy. Think I am almost there. Email is working but my domain name still giving me a 404 error. On the DNS tab I am seeing a “!” against SRV - says it needs to be proxied but I don’t know how to do this. I am also getting an SSL Certificate error - what’s this?

I don’t think SRV can be proxied. SRV is usually there for services that don’t run over regular website traffic connections, so that :warning: probably points this out, as it’s connecting to the same IP address as your proxied website.

Where are you seeing an SSL certificate error?

When I log into Kajabi it says that my domain has successfully transferred then it gives me a red ! against DNS and a red ! against SSL Certificate.

What’s the domain?

www.TheLadyBossProgramme.com

Can you set your DNS entries for TheLadyBossProgramme.com and ‘www’ to :grey: DNS-Only? That should help get your site prepped before engaging Cloudflare.

All Done

When you say ‘prepped for Cloud Flare’ now what happens?

TheLadyBossProgramme.com looks like it’s still set to :orange:.

And they’re both still showing a 404 error. “Prepped for Cloudflare” means a site needs to be functioning with HTTPS before you can proxy it with Cloudflare. Right now, the site isn’t working.

Oddly enough, the ‘www’ site has a GoDaddy certificate on it. Can you post a screenshot of your DNS records here? And check farther down that page to make sure the Cloudflare name servers are Ernest and Kayleigh.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.