Trouble Pointing a Wix Domain to Cloudflare

I’m trying to point a Wix Domain to Cloudflare and Wix will not allow me to edit the NameServers to
Cloudflare Name Server #1: connie.ns.cloudflare.com
Cloudflare Name Server #2: vasilii.ns.cloudflare.com

Is there another way I’m able to point my Wix Domain to Cloudflare without editing the nameservers?

Note: I would transfer the domain to Cloudflare but I’m unable to transfer the domain to Cloudflare due to an update in my email address. Wix won’t allow me to transfer the domain for 60 days because of the updated email address.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thank you

Hi @kimberly,

In general, you need a Business plan for a CNAME setup (without changing the nameservers). If your site is built with Wix, they don’t support Cloudflare.

Thank you for that info. After 60 days when my domain is eligible to transfer to Cloudflare will I still need a Business plan to complete the transfer of my Wix domain to Cloudflare?

No problem, no - you can change the nameservers and transfer the domain after 60 days on the free plan

Just note that if your site is built with Wix, it may not work, as they don’t support it.

Ok, I will not be transferring a site. Just transferring the domain name. Since Wix won’t allow me to edit the nameservers… will I still run into the same issue once the domain is eligible to be transferred? Can I transfer the domain from Wix to Cloudflare without editing the nameservers? Thank you for your help.

You can’t transfer the domain to Cloudflare without changing the nameservers.

The issue is with a site hosted at Wix and nameservers at Cloudflare. Wix don’t support this setup.

Well that’s a bummer to hear :frowning: Not sure how to go forward with my domain now. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Blessings to you and your family. Stay safe.

It is, but unfortunately it has been the case for a while and Wix don’t seem to want to sort out whatever isn’t compatible.

No problem, thank you - same to you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.