Trouble creating a cname

Hello,

I am trying to create a Cname on my Domain beefysites.com. This is to allow a 3rd party piece of web software (seranking) to work on my subdomain seo dot beefysites dot com as a whitelabel piece of software for my website.

Their instructions : "To access the platform with no mention of SE Ranking in the URL, use your own domain name. Go to the DNS settings of your domain and create a CNAME record with the online.seranking.com value.

You can see my settings in my account for the cname I set up seo.beefysites.com, also attached.

Also, see the attached for the software instructions.

What am I doing wrong?

You’ve created a CNAME for tools.beefysites.com that points to seo.beefysites.com, except I don’t see a DNS record for seo.beefysites.com

Their instructions don’t see which hostname you need to use that points to online.seranking.com, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Thanks @sdayman , a few things that might help us.

How do I set up a DNS record for seo.beefysites.com?

• SE RANKING says “In this case, does your hosting provider allows you to set up a CNAME record in the DNS settings of your domain?
    Normally, it’s a more straightforward process, where you just need to enter your desired sub-domain and the address of our service.”

I asked them your question AGAIN about which hostname I need to point to online.seranking.com, we will see what they say.

Another udpate

Hi Jared,

In this case, you should enter seo.beefysites.com as a host which points to online.seranking.com
Normally, you should enter just the seo prefix, but some services may require the full address, seo.beefysites.com to be entered. You can test both formats or contact Cloudflare to check what format they require.

Kind regards,
Alex

Then it should look like this (oops, but without the comma at the end). Make sure you toggle the :orange: so it’s :grey: as in the picture.