Transferred domain DNS not pointing to hosting

I recently transferred the domain elitautogh.com from another registrar and now I can’t change my DNS to point to my Namecheap hosting account.

That is correct. Domains registered through Cloudflare have to use Cloudflare’s nameservers.

You can’t point it to your host, but you’ll have to set up the DNS records on Cloudflare directly.

Yeah, I’ve tried setting up the DNS records directly on Cloudflare but it doesn’t work.

Doesn’t work is a very precise description :wink:

I know right :smiley:

I’d recommend to pause Cloudflare for now (Overview screen, bottom right) and then contact your host to clarify the IP addresses. You probably need to update these.

Alright thanks, I’ll try that, if it doesn’t work then I’ll have to transfer the domain back to my hosting account… sad tho :frowning_face:

If you adjust the IP address it will definitely work. You just need the correct ones.

Just keep in mind, if you just transferred it to Cloudflare, you will have to wait 60 days until you can transfer it again, because of ICANN regulations.

It’s been 30 days already, I got 30 days more to go, I’ll check the IP address thoroughly and contact Namecheap if they can help me out.

True, in a month you should be able to transfer out again. But in the meantime, setting the right addresses really should do the trick as well. Maybe check your hosting account, the addresses might be mentioned there too.

I have paused the site now, I’ll check the addresses and try it again. Thanks for your help Sandro

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.