Transfer domain with dynamic dns to cloudflare

Hello,

I want to tranfer a domain with dynamic dns to Cloudflare. Because of the dynamic dns I cannot change the nameservers. What is the best way to transfer the domain to Cloudflare. At Cloudflare the domain shall be a domain with static dns.

Marcus

Your question is confusing. You state that you cannot change the nameservers to Cloudflare in one sentence and then ask how to transfer the domain to Cloudflare in the next.

Depending on what you mean by “transfer the domain”, you have likely described two incompatible states. If you wish to use Cloudflare as your domain registrar, use of Cloudflare nameservers is mandatory. If you just want to make use of Cloudflare’s DNS, WAF, and other security services, you would normally update your nameservers with your registrar to use the Cloudflare nameservers assigned to your domain. On a business or enterprise plan, you can use a Partial (CNAME) setup.

You mentioned dynamic DNS as a reason that you cannot use Cloudflare nameservers. Cloudflare DNS has the capability to handle dynamic DNS. If you need the dynamic DNS in a child zone, you can always delegate it to another DNS provider.

1 Like

I have a domain which is dynamic dns and is currently maintained by another provider. What are the steps to transfer my domain to Cloudflare as the new provider?

Marcus

• Are you the registrant of the domain?
  • Are you interested in transferring the registration to Cloudflare registrar?
  • Is registration of that top level domain supported?
  • Are you only looking to manage your DNS at Cloudflare while keeping your registration elsewhere?
  • Are you the registrant of the domain?
    yes
  • Are you interested in transferring the registration to Cloudflare registrar?
    yes
  • Is registration of that [top level domain supported]
    yes, it is .com

What to do?

Marcus

The domain is unlocked for transfer. I also have an auth code.

Marcus

Follow the step-by-step guide:

Finally I found the website for changing the nameserver of my domain. Now I just wait for the nameserver update. Then I can follow your transfer guide.

Thanks for your time
Marcis

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.