Transfer between two Cloudflare accounts when CF is the registrar

According to this post, transferring domains purchased via the Cloudflare registrar is not possible. Transfer domain from one Cloudflare account to another

So, how does Cloudflare suggest we transfer domains bought by us from a different owner who also uses Cloudflare? Do we have to transfer to another registrar first?

We have to do this for 54 domains. It may be obvious, but if we move, we won’t be doubling our efforts and adding expense to bring those properties back to Cloudflare. So, we hope there’s a way.

Here there’s official doc: Move a domain between Cloudflare accounts · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs

Check it out!

Thank you for the reply, but that doesn’t apply if Cloudflare is the registrar, as noted in the post I linked to.

If that doesn’t help, you can try the Cloudflare support for the assistance escalating the issue. Hope that helps!

I’m not aware of any updates on the situation that prevents transferring registrar domains between two accounts - so AFAIK, yes, it’s a case of transfer out → transfer back in.

It’s a pain point that Cloudflare are aware of, though.

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one that sees the issues here.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.