Transfer balance to alternate cloudflare account

we had two accounts but only want one

account_one : balance $0
account_two : balance $100

we want to close account_two and move the balance to account_one

Any idea if this is possible?

Questions about billing will need to be resolved by the Customer Support team and cannot be resolved on the Community.

To contact the billing team, please email [email protected] from your account email address. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

4 Likes

Hi Eric

Thank you for your response.

Hi Eric

No automatic response, the email sent 4 hours ago (from the account email address). I am unaware what is a normal time to wait.

Can you share your ticket number here?

I’m pretty sure it isn’t. I suggest you just finish spending the $100 in that second account on whatever is there you spent the money on in the first place.

1 Like

Hi Eric

There has been no ticket number (no automatic response).

@noc.dol,
Please email [email protected] from the email address associated with the account that has the $100 credit, and you should then receive a ticket ID back, if you receive an auto reply just respond to that as it will open the ticket, so someone on our team can reply to you with details.

3 Likes

Hi Laurie

There has been no ticket number (no automatic response). And the message was sent from the email address associated with the account. The same was true prior…

Can I have a new idea rather than that copy paste response?

Be nice. I’m pretty sure she hand typed most, if not all of that response. She’s already going out of her way to do something billing normally won’t do: give one account’s balance to another (it can get pretty ugly in some situations).

Try the ticket system in the dashboard. It’s a bunch of hoops, but it can be done. Start with “Contact Support” from the Support menu at the top, then scroll all the way down to Get More Help.

3 Likes

It seemed the same as Eric’s but you’re right it was different.

Hi @noc.dol I talked to @Laurie and the active ticket number is 2240166. I’ve ensured the ticket is open in the proper queue and I’ve added myself to it to track progress.

Your email address is opted out or receiving emails from cloudflare (My Profile → Communication Preferences). If you search for the above ticket number and don’t find it in your spam or deleted items folder, I suspect the opt out is blocking the replies from being sent.

3 Likes

Hi cloonan

Thanks. That is a NEW ticket created an hour ago, there should be a ticket from 3 days ago but (new) 2240166 will be fine. The original email was sent three days ago.

sdayman alluded to there being another method to submit a ticket and I found out how, his instructions need updating though, Google “Methods of contacting Cloudflare support”:

• Browse to https://dash.cloudflare.com/redirect?account=support.
  • Enter the email and password for your Cloudflare account. Your email needs to be verified in order to submit a Support ticket.
  • Select the appropriate account requiring assistance.
  • The Are you experiencing a problem with Cloudflare? window appears.
  • Click Get more help in the Get additional help section.

I jotted some notes as I was stepping through the process. I’m glad you were able to connect the dots.

2 Likes

(Email was 2 days ago not 3)
NZDT

Aug 24 10:07:48 mailhost postfix/smtp[11387]: CDC1B6200C1: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mailstream-east.mxrecord.io[3.224.40.46]:25, delay=3.4, delays=0/0.01/3/0.38, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 4GtmZb1SrRzSgrP)

The user must have updated the email used for the Cloudflare account at some point, but the ticketing system still have [email protected] linked. The email address for the user’s Cloudflare account is now [email protected] .

And that is why I was not getting replies. The joys of inheriting changes made by previous account users…

cloonan please see that calejo gets a high praise for digging into that.

p.s. the answer: Cloudflare won’t transfer balances.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.