Transfer a CF purchased domain to a new CF account - NS issue

CF gave me feedback they dont support account to account transfer
Directed to - link

Need a work around

Context:
Cleaning up accounts into business units, and need to transfer a CF purchased domain into a new CF account for domain ownership and soft free DNS management for the selected domains.

New account is setup with specific 3rd party users

New account is seeking a Nameserver to configure the domain to kick start the process, get error below when I attempt to point the NS old CF domain to CF account NS.

DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) Content for NS record is invalid. NS records at the apex must not overwrite assigned nameservers.

I need the new the domain configured on the new account to then transfer the domain ownership of the account, and to grant user access to the relevant users whom have access under the security of the new account.

These 2 particular CF accounts do not have any paid support (at this stage only purchasing domains in the accounts no extended services).
So, have been going in a support loop in the attempt to create a ticket.

Redirected to the link above and the community support - I feel this is a technical glitch rather than community support.

Keen to know how this is meant to be done

Transfer of a domain between accounts is not supported when Cloudflare is the registrar. You would need to transfer the domain to a 3rd party registrar, set the nameservers assigned by Cloudflare in the alt account at the new registrar (and then optionally change the registrar to the other account back to Cloudflare).

2 Likes

ha - didnt expect that from cloudflare

if that is the pathway, it is what it is

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.