Traffic via Singapore (SIN) PoP showing Error 522

Any traffic from here in the UK is working fine.
Data from Australia and Singapore (both via SIN) are not working with a 522 error.

No recent changes. No lockdown IPs to cloudflare.

Meantime offered alternative DNS that doesn’t use proxy and works fine.

However I can see that currently SIN has planned updates Planned maintenance for Cloudflare data centers – Cloudflare Help Center
However, these are supposed to only be between 1-6am local time.

Status page shows operational https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/ >> SIN.

Quite sure this isn’t an issue on my end. I pay for cloudflare but seem to have nowhere to turn?

Many thanks in advance.

Pretty sure this all points to a cloudflare

It seems it can’t be the maintenance as the dates are even off.

I thought I read between but it’s only on these dates…

**SIN (Singapore):** *August 15th, August 22nd*

Any ideas people?

Is this consistent or intermittent? Could you share your domain?

Consistent. Ticket reference #2233790
its classmanager(dot)com

Same stuff for my site. Started today

Same problem here with all my UK services.

I’ve raised a ticket but don’t have paid services so not expecting a reply for days. Can’t get any traffic in whatsoever from Singapore > UK.

What are our options here?

Is your origin servers located in Amazon Web Services?

@matt91 Services working OK for me now.

@fenidik Mine are, yes. Couldn’t see any issues over there?

Any traffic from Singapore ISPs to UK hosted sites isn’t getting through and is returning Error 522. Traffic from everywhere else in the world is fine.

No changes on my side or new rules were implemented and started occurring sometime in the middle of the night.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Posting this here as information, logs for the Singapore PoP status this month

2021-08-04 19:06:50+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Partial Outage
2021-08-04 23:24:22+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Operational
2021-08-14 18:24:44+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Under Maintenance
2021-08-14 18:34:46+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Partial Outage
2021-08-14 22:01:55+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Under Maintenance
2021-08-14 22:11:52+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Operational
2021-08-16 18:19:11+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Under Maintenance
2021-08-16 23:57:39+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Operational
2021-08-17 18:19:54+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Under Maintenance
2021-08-17 23:07:28+00:00: COLO Singapore, Singapore - (SIN) changed status to Operational

I’m curious how did you retrieve this information?

I scrape the https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/ page every minute or so and log the changes

3 Likes

Your site loads fine from my home connection (routing through SYD), and it also worked when I used a Singapore VPN (ASN 9009) and yes I checked it was being routed through SIN, are you still able to reproduce 522s?

I’m not OP but my issues are now resolved. Thanks for the info you shared, ‘Operational’ at 23:07:28 doesn’t quite tell the story considering it only resolved an hour or so ago!

1 Like

@soldier_21 you should make website with that info, like realcloudflarehealth.com

I faced the same issue in CF Colombo data center. In my situation I use Ezoic proxy. When a visitor coming to my site he/she has to pass two proxies (CloudFlare proxy > Ezoic Proxy > my Server). In my situation it is Ezoic CDN issue. They uses Amazon WS. However after the 15th of this month this issue fixed.

I have opened a support ticket and CF tech support team confirmed that this is Ezoic CDN ( Amazon WS) side issue. One IP not responding within the required time frame.

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/cloudflare-522-connection-timed-out-only-single-region/

Odd, mine is direct to my server (on Amazon but working fine).

Check Singapore your Amazon WS IP responding properly. I guess it is Amazon side issue.

Yes Cloudflare’s Singapore PoP seems to have either network or server issues.

I have domains on other account running Argo Tunnel, there’s random time where it will return bad handshake/bad gateway, while other clients from non-Singapore PoPs seems ok.

any ideas why? pinging the argo team @nuno.diegues