Too Many Redirects blocking 1 of 6 accounts

Users can access website only when Cloudflare is paused. A developer told me it appears to be SSL related. Error I get is “This page isn’t working. redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”. Tried clearing cookies and cache. No luck.
DNS managed by GoDaddy pointing to Cloudflare. (I have six URLs/Websites on this Cloudflare account, this issue only happens on one of them)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS? Which of the quickfix ideas in the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS tip have you tried so far? :crystal_ball: guessing you have a redirect on your origin that needs to be removed.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 12.29.45 PM

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing is caused by a redirect loop, where the website is being repeatedly redirected to itself, resulting in the “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS” error. This can happen for several reasons, but the most common cause is a misconfigured SSL certificate or redirect rules on the server.

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Check the SSL configuration on your server to make sure that the certificate is installed and configured correctly. If the certificate is not properly configured, it can cause redirect issues like the ones you are experiencing.
  2. Check the redirect rules on your server to make sure that they are set up correctly. If the redirect rules are not properly configured, they can cause the server to redirect the client to the wrong URL, leading to a redirect loop.
  3. Try disabling SSL on the website temporarily to see if the issue persists. If the issue only occurs when SSL is enabled, it suggests that the SSL configuration or redirect rules are the cause of the issue.
  4. Contact your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance. If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, your hosting provider or server administrator may be able to help you diagnose and fix the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.