Too many DNS Records when adding my website

Hi. When I try to add my website I get a lot of DNS records. How I can delete all of them?

My domain: sarmini.dev

You had a wild card DNS record when you added your domain. You need to delete all the DNS records that you don’t need.

So I must delete 500 records one by one and there is no other option?

You can delete your zone, then remove the wildcard DNS record and re-added your zone.

Hi. When I try to add my website to Cloudflare it shows me over 500 DNS records even my DNS records list on my domain provider is empty. How I can delete them? I won’t delete every record manually of course.

image from my domain provider google domains

i

My DNS records list is already empty

There are other threads with people asking the same thing, and it seems that there isn’t a dashboard feature to help with this yet.

It seems like the most trustworthy solution is to use the Cloudflare API. For example DELETE all records using API - #5 by izghitu

If you search the forum you could always try some of the suggested JavaScript solutions that you paste into your browser console, however you’ll want to ensure you understand the code before executing it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.