TLS/SSL error website not working anymore

May I please get some help. My website does not work any more. https://www.usaam.co.za
I’m getting SSL/TLS error

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue/error with your domain while using Cloudflare.

When try to access your Website, I got SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP.

More information about this error can be read at the article from below:

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Nevertheless, when there also seems to be missing the DS record for the DNSSEC?
Is the DNSSEC enabled or disabled at the Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name?

May I ask to:

1. Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
  2. The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
  3. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
  4. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:

In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:

Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings at the SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard:

Hi Fritex

Thank you very much for the sound advice i selected the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option. My site was connecting via https before before moving to Cloudflare, but I had to force it, using a config file. DNSSEC is not enabled. I am having issues with my origin server regarding SSL/TLS, I think this could be the problem. But my hosting provider states there is no issue on their side, yet I receive error stating that the SSL is not detected.

Cloudflare is a great service and has great technical support.

Thank you for feedback information.

Okay.

May I ask if you can check for the SSL certificate, is it still a valid one, or else it needs to be renewed?

UPDATE:
I see it’s a cPanel AutoSSL certificate, in the alternative DNS names I see mail, yourdomain and www.yourdomain. It also is a valid SSL certificate, from 09 Feb 2022 to 10 May 2022.
→ was it recently renewed or maybe today?

That’s weird a bit :thinking:

Hm, I am afrid you would have to troubleshoot this, if so.

I see you are using Nginx so far.

Now when I accessed your website, I saw a lot of NS_BINDING_ABORTED in my Developer Console (F12) for some of your resources.

Website loaded over HTTPS so far:

How about this?:

Make sure it’s set to Full (Strict) SSL and “un-pause” if you used “Pause” mode.

Hi Fritex

The SSL option selected in Cloudflare is Full. It was previously Full (Strict), as a result there was an error on my origin server regarding the SSL I will change it to Full (Strict) and un pause.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.