Time to First Byte (TTFB) Cloudflare Config Recommendations

Hello, I am looking for recommendations on Cloudflare configuration to optimize Time to First Byte (TTFB) score in Core Web Vitals - mobile and desk. Yes, I know it can be a server/host problem. Yes, I am using caching plugins. Everyone loves to blame everyone else - the host, the theme developer, the caching plugin… It’s not me! Not caused by me! Blah blah. So, I am going to every point in the chain. I’m not a developer, but I really need some recommendations beyond the obvious. Thanks!
Here’s a sample URL;

This website isn’t currently using Cloudflare - unless your questions are how Cloudflare could help. All of the assets are on ‘nitrocdn’ which do use Cloudflare.

The main issue with your website is how slow the initial server response is. The top bar is just your website whereas the rest are the assets - they’re basically nothing compared to the initial response time.

If it’s a fully static site with no ‘login’ or dynamic functionality, caching the site entirely would make it a lot faster. This would require using Cloudflare.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021023712-Best-Practices-Speed-up-your-Site-with-Custom-Caching-via-Cloudflare-Page-Rules#h_7JfAZiS5qMLcTkUpKvebHJ

1 Like

Just wrote this guide at Improving Time To First Byte (TTFB) With Cloudflare. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.