Ticket 2342540, Website Timing out

I am getting a 522 error message when I try to access my website, www.solleva.com. The error message indicates it is a problem with the Host, and that is you. I cannot even seem to access the admin page for the same reason.

Any suggestions? I don’t know where to begin with the below from tech support.

Here was the first tech support response:

1. Make sure that you are not blocking Cloudflare IPs in .htaccess , iptables , or your firewall.
  2. Make sure your hosting provider isn’t rate limiting or blocking IP requests from the Cloudflare IPs. Ask them to whitelist the IP addresses here: https://www.cloudflare.com/ips.

If you are seeing 522 errors in certain locations only, this means you likely forgot to whitelist one of our ranges that corresponds to these locations. Double check to ensure all our IPs are whitelisted appropriately.

What is it that you have hosted here? Cloudflare doesn’t host much more than static files or custom-coded Workers sites. As you have an Admin page, it’s highly unlikely that your site is hosted here.

Where was the site hosted before you added it to Cloudflare?

1 Like

Cloudflare is not your host

Thanks! How do I determine my host? It is a website that I want to reactivate. The consultant I used to help me set up my site is no longer available to answer questions, so I am struggling to track down all the information. After a year of disengaging from this business, I want to start it up again.

Given your registrar is GoDaddy my first guess is they are your host also.

If you do not wish to use them simply change your DNS settings in CloudFlare to point to a new location.

1 Like

Your site has the following problems

1. Your site isn’t secure

2. The connection is timing out!

Regarding to problem 1 (insecure site)

Check the SSL/TLS overview on your Cloudflare dashboard, and ensure it is set to Full (Strict)

Why you should choose Full (Strict)

Read more here
Why you should choose Full Strict, and only Full Strict

Regarding problem 2 (connection timeout)

Ensure you have followed troubleshooting steps found at https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-5XX-errors#522error and Community Tip - Fixing Error 522: Connection timed out

I hope this advice helps!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.