This video has been restricted

Does anyone here know what is going wrong with cloudflare?I am seeing this same restriction popping up on multiple websites. streaming

This error seems to be spreading around the internet on websites that don’t use video formats. They seem to be popping up on image hosting sites.

The wording in the message probably needs to be updated, but a few of the sites I looked at are using Cloudflare proxied domains which only host images.

Section 2.8 of the terms of service state:

Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited

I suspect Cloudflare have started to take measures to enforce these terms, which is why you are seeing this message. The website operator needs to fix this issue.

3 Likes

None of these sites I saw with issues even use video formats. And it only seems to only last for an hour or two.

The sites I looked at are using domains that appear to be used for the images only, and the websites were on separate Cloudflare domains and accounts. The TOS is fairly explicit about this, as quoted above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.