This record exposes the IP behind x, which you have proxied through Cloudflare

I have the problem that this error message appears when I add my DNS entry for my mail server.

Error:

This record exposes the IP behind mail.ameliebot.com, which you have proxied through Cloudflare.

Despite the error message the mail system runs fine, it receives emails and can also send some, but runs on a different port, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

However, the problem that occurs is that the mail system takes a long time to load, guessing 10/20 seconds until the page is reachable.

I tried to redirect my webserver to the old nameserver for test purposes, there the page loads fast without problems.

I suspect that the long loading time is due to this error and would like to fix it, but do not know how.

I hope you can help me! Thanks

Noah~

Mail DNS entries (MX) can not be proxied, or if proxied will not work. Therefore you have to unproxy your mail DNS entry. If you have proxied it for concealing/hiding the origin IP, I would recommend setting it up on a different server, so no IP of your current server gets exposed.

So yes, the MX would have to expose the IP you point it to, therefore please unproxy :grey: the mail.ameliebot.com entry and all shall be fine.

2 Likes

Thank you <3

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.