Things to do after Tranfer Domain to CloudFlare

Hi, I’m Ruby. I think my issues is relate to domain registar

1. My domain is already tranfer to Cloudflare today and have my free plan have shared Cloudflare Universal SSL certificate.
    What SSL/TLS encryption mode i can choose, Can I use Full (strict) ?

Below is the image of Edge Certificates in Cloudflare Dashboard for this domain.

1. What other features do I need to enable in order for my domain to perform at its best and be protected?
    I’m new at Cloudflare

I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Thank you ^^

Hi there,

Yes you can, but in order to do that you have to have a valid certificate at your origin or create one from your dashboard by going to SSL/TLSOrigin ServerCreate Certificate and install the resulting certificate at your origin server.

This is matter of choice. I’ll say that the defaults are pretty good for most users, so get yourself acquainted with the dashboard, explore around, note that most functionalities have some kind of help or link to the documentation, and if you feel the need, tweak it to your liking when you feel comfortable with it.

Take care.

2 Likes

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

But my domain is transfer to Cloudflare, Cloudflare is my domain registrar now. So my origin server is who, i don’t understand that ?

You origin server is who you pay for webhosting. That does not change when you start using Cloudflare. Did you have a website?

Thank you for your answering

When I choose Full (strict) I don’t see it show me to add anything, is that normal ? Or did i miss something ? Sorry I’m newbie at this

I’m not sure what you are expecting to add. That setting controls the encryption between Cloudflare and your webserver. You have selected the correct setting to ensure proper protection of the communication between Cloudflare and your website.

Have you created the DNS record for your webserver yet?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.